to purchase a print or license an image please visit www.JonathanAlcorn.com

Sunday, November 30, 2008

Wind Power

Today I had the opportunity to photograph two out of three things I've had on my to do list for quite some time, even if it wasn't my original intention. A wind turbine farm and the California Aqueduct. It started like this, I was parked on my couch ready to watch some football when I heard that due to bad weather in Florida, the Space Shuttle was landing at Edwards AFB, which is about a 100 miles from Venice. I left asap, but due to a huge traffic jam on the 405 and 5 freeways I missed the cutoff for the last chance to enter the sprawling air force base, which is 45 minutes before landing. And when the shuttle glided by overhead, it was way too high (many thousands of feet) to get a decent photo. So, since I was in the area and the light was nice, I decided to photograph a wind turbine farm off hwy 58 and also the California Aqueduct. I must say, wind power is awesome, and these giant turbines look really cool I think! And of course the aqueduct brings vital water to So Cal from Northern California.

No comments: