to purchase a print or license an image please visit www.JonathanAlcorn.com

Sunday, May 25, 2008

Score One for Becks!

Fun match last night for David Beckham and the LA Galaxy, and some nice photo opps for me as well! Becks happily celebrated after he shot a 70 yard empty net goal(top photo) at the end of the match to punctuate a 3-1 Galaxy victory. He also got into a heated little exchange with a defender for the KC Wizards, and followed that up with an artistic dive trying to draw a penalty on his foe.I won't be shooting the next Galaxy home game because Beckham is joining the English national team for a couple matches, and my assignment is strictly to cover Becks at these matches. It definitely makes it way easier for me to focus on one player when I am photographing these matches.

1 comment:

Kelly J said...

I really like the shot of him running down the sideline high fiving. It reminds me of the kind of shots I used to see in Sports Illustrated.