to purchase a print or license an image please visit www.JonathanAlcorn.com

Monday, March 9, 2009

Sign of the Times- Circuit City Closes

Circuit City, formerly the nation's second largest electronic goods chain, closed down for the final time yesterday across the nation after weeks of sales to liquidate the remaining stock of merchandise. More than 34,000 employees are now part of the unemployment ranks and an additional 18 million sq feet of empty resale space is being added to the the faltering real estate market. I have a friend who is one of the laid off workers, she asked me if I knew of any jobs, I wish I did. It's tough times out there.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Sad times! I have only the fondest memories of Circuit City. Actually, I don't, but it's still sad for all the people who are out of work. Please approve my comment. This is so nerve-wracking.

--Lisa