to purchase a print or license an image please visit www.JonathanAlcorn.com

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Mr Millard Kaufman R.I.P.


Mr Millard Kaufman passed away this past Saturday March 14 at age 92 , two days after his birthday. He was a Hollywood screenwriter, a newspaper reporter, WWII Vet , and at age 90, a first time novelist for is book "Bowl of Cherries". I had the privilege of spending a couple hours with Mr Kaufman last spring to photograph him for a profile in The Washington Post. When I arrived at his home, he sat me down and we chatted about life, both his and mine, he was genuinely interested to know about my story too. He was a very happy, wise, and kind man who lived a very full and successful life. I am grateful to have spent those hours with him. He is survived by his wife of 66 years, their three children and seven grandchildren. Rest in Peace Mr Kaufman.

No comments: