to purchase a print or license an image please visit www.JonathanAlcorn.com

Friday, January 25, 2013

Musician Ben Harper for L'Express



I recently had a very fun assignment doing some reportage style photography of Ben Harper for  L'Express to accompany a story by reporter Paola Genone. The first stop was at The Grammy museum where Harper was attending a press conference with skateboarder Tony Hawk. 

Then we went over to Ben's studio and I made a few photos while Paola conducted her interview.


 I finally had a few minutes to squeeze in some photos of Ben riding his skateboard inside the studio before we had to leave so the waiting musicians and Ben could get to work. (I wish I could have stayed for that, but it wasn't to be).


The next day we drove out to Claremont for a quick visit to Folk Music Center, which has been in Ben's family for many years, the place is like a museum and I highly recommend a visit there if you get a chance. On the way, we stopped for tacos at a mom and pop mexican joint in Pomona. Story Link


No comments: