to purchase a print or license an image please visit www.JonathanAlcorn.com

Monday, September 29, 2008

Fatal Shooting at Venice Street Festival

A man died and a woman was critically wounded on Abbott Kinney Bl in Venice on Sunday night as the annual Abbott Kinney Street Festival was wrapping up. Police are still searching for the suspect. The victims were shot about a block apart around 9:20 PM according to the LAPD.
photos ** updated information 9-29-08 - the shooting occurred in front of the Other Room and the wounded female victim then drove her vehicle to the second location near California and Abbott Kinney.Reports indicate she was released from the hospital today. ©Jonathan Alcorn 2008 LAPD Info Link LA Times story Link

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi...did you take these photos? Were you appalled as were my friend and I at how looong it took for the ambulance(s) to arrive? I did not hear about the second shooting of the girl a block away until I got online this evening. They sound connected to me.

Anonymous said...

Thats How it is in Venice Police and Ambulance dont rush to the scene. God Forbid they have to save a life

Anonymous said...

I agree with Anonymous @ 645 am.. I live in venice a few blocks away, True True True, Police and Fire dont care about us, we are " Just Venice " apalling!