to purchase a print or license an image please visit www.JonathanAlcorn.com

Saturday, September 15, 2007

Spot news photo

I was finishing working on a photo assignment downtown when I saw some heavy black smoke close to my location, so I couldn't resist driving over to take a look at this fire at a commercial building in East L.A. The fire was raging when I got there a few minutes later. I didn't even have to flash my press credential because I arrived before the police set up road blocks and police lines... I love it when that happens! Firefighters are always very cool about access , but more and more the police tend to be difficult about access at breaking news situations. I really noticed a change since 9-11. The LAPD changed their policy and make it much more difficult to get a coveted LAPD press pass. Sign of the times I guess.


Can you tell which is the human and which is his twin robotic android??
Zou Ren Ti , left ,and his robotic android identical twin on the right at the display for the Chinese company Xi'an Chaoren Sculpture Research Institute at Wired NexFest convention in Los Angeles

No comments: